A Wholistic Approach to Postpartum Mother-Baby Care
Having a postpartum doula can make a difference in your emotional wellness. Many women find that when they receive the services of a postpartum doula, their likelihood of postpartum blues and depression are greatly reduced. It's that person you can count on to help you transition from pregnancy to motherhood.
A postpartum doula is that extra and special care a mother very much needs after the new baby is born.
How a Wholistic Postpartum Doula Can Help Mother-Baby
- Support in feeding baby, whether it's expert tips in breastfeeding or bottle feeding your newborn.
- Listening with empathy and understanding to mother, as well as guidance during the postpartum period that lifts the mother to help her find her voice and her power, as well as vision
- Learn special ways to soothe and calm your baby - proven and effective!
- Hands-on help on caring for your newborn, from baths to burping.
- Lovingly caring for baby while mother gets much needed rest and naps.
- Choosing and using a baby carrier, as well as learning all the benefits of babywearing.
- Meal preparation so that you receive the nutrition you need to care for your baby.
- Sleep basics so that you and baby can get good rest.
- Ways to organize and effectively use your space (livingroom, kitchen and nursery) now that you have a new baby.
- Interact with your other children to help you and the siblings during the first few weeks of having a new baby in the home.
- Resources for postpartum blues and depression.
Please contact Giselle for availability and scheduling in Orange County.
A postpartum doula offers support once baby is born. With Giselle Baumet as your postpartum doula, you'll receive experienced and loving emotional support, practical support, evidence-based information and education and partner and sibling support.
Tip: Reserve Giselle's Wholistic Postpartum Doula services during pregnancy for best availability.
One Month ($2,295)
Receive a total of (12) visits that are up to four hours each during a month to month and half period post-baby and with flexible scheduling.
Includes the Sacred Postpartum Ceremony
Two Weeks ($1,165)
Receive a total of (6) visits that are up to four hours each during a 2-3 week period post-baby and with flexible scheduling.
One Week ($595)
Receive a total of (3) visits that are up to four hours each during a week's period post-baby and with flexible scheduling.
Add-On a Sacred Postpartum Ceremony ($395)
A Sacred Postpartum Ceremony is a closing ceremony that takes the mother from a place of birth energy through healing practices that facilitate her postpartum recovery and emotional well-being. During an additional four hour visit (though also available as a stand-alone) within the baby's first 6 weeks of life, Mother will receive:
- Herbal Yoni Steam
- Guided postpartum meditation
- Reiki with crystal healing session to balance mother's energy after birth
- Custom Postpartum Aromatherapy Blend for Mother
- One hour additional visit or phone call during baby's first month of life where you can receive additional Postpartum support and guidance.
- Postpartum sealing (known as "Cerrada Postparto" in Latin culture) with the use of rebozos, as a way to end the powerful process of birth (regardless if it was a vaginal or Cesarian birth).
Sliding scale fee available.
About Giselle Baumet
My passion is pregnancy, baby and beyond. The beyond being that amazing, life-changing journey one experiences from the moment we know we're pregnant through the years into motherhood. I live in that passion and in ways to serve my purpose in this world. It's been one of consciousness..and so much awareness. Through the years, I've gathered knowledge and experience that has led to a diverse and full range of education. These include:
- Childbirth Educator with The International Childbirth Education Association and Birthing from Within
- Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor with University of San Diego
- Postpartum Doula with DONA
Wholistic Women's Life Coach
- Maternal Mental Health training including the currently in progress Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C)
- Certified Positive Parenting Educator with Positive Discipline
- Reiki II Practitioner
- Holistic Aromatherapist (250+ hours) with Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy and Heart of Herbs Herbal School
- Baby Friendly Initiative (created by World Health Organization and UNICEF) educator to nurses at various hospitals.
- American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
- Marketing Bachelor's of Science, Rhode Island College
- 14 years of Prenatal and Postpartum teaching experience.
- And my most rewarding role..mother of four amazing children.
For availability and scheduling, please contact Giselle at 949-630-8249.
Giselle Baumet is an Aromatherapist and Energy Worker, with Childbirth Education, Lactation and Postpartum Mental Health and Doula training, providing alternative and complementary health care. These services are not a replacement for medical care, nor is it considered licensed medical care.