Join this Saturday Labor + Postpartum Intensive Workshop in Orange County! We also cover Postpartum Care for mother as well.
Engaging Zoom Class Happening During COVID-19 Quarantine
A day of childbirth education
"Would highly recommend Giselle's labor skills and postpartum workshop. My husband and I learned so much. Her approach is totally practical but you can tell it is grounded in a lot of research, science and patient-centric methodology. We've already been practicing the various labor coping moves that she taught us!"
- Stephanie S.
As a busy pregnant woman wanting to learn about childbirth and postpartum, you and your support person want a thorough childbirth class here in Orange County, but like many other couples, you would rather not do weeks and weeks of a childbirth series. For years, this same class was offered in a weekly series, but due popular demand — it’s now completed in one full day.
You receive the same childbirth detailed education (and more!) that you would in a weekly series class, but at the convenience of a one day class. Taught by a Giselle, owner, mother of four, Childbirth Educator, Postpartum Doula and Certified Lactation Educator.
Our Labor Skills Workshop is a unique hybrid class of Bradley, Birthing from Within and evidence-based childbirth education that includes:
- Comfort measures during labor
- Partners: Supporting and Comforting the Birthing Woman
- Relaxation techniques
- Making Informed Decisions
- Healthy eating during Pregnancy (and Postpartum)
- Teaching partner support methods
- Creating your birth wishes plan
- Gathering your pregnancy and labor support team
- Preparing for labor and signs of labor
- Stages in labor and what happens at each stage
- Medications: Risks and Benefits
- Postpartum care and wellness as a new mother
- Newborn procedures
Whether it's in a hospital, a birthing center or home you'll learn about birth and labor skills to use during your own unique and amazing birth.
More than a method class, this class teaches you evidence-based pregnancy and labor skills. You'll learn and practice many techniques and coping measures so that at your birth you'll have relaxation, meditation, positioning and other comfort measure to choose from to birth your baby.
The Labor Skills Workshop is applicable in any birthing location (hospital, birth center or home) and goes far and beyond to truly prepare you to birth your baby. We will focus on natural birthing while also covering birthing options.
- Group classes take place on a Saturday, 9am - 1pm. We take small breaks throughout the class.
- Private Sessions are approx 3 hours and available weekday evenings or weekends.
Expecting couples like you choose this childbirth workshop!
"I didn't realize just how much we would be learning during the class. Thank you!" - Jonathan
"I entered the class not knowing what to expect in labor and whether I'd be able to do a natural birth. I ended the class fully confident and excited to birth my baby!" - Stephanie
An OC Register writer and class attendee shares his empowering experience (in this OC Register article) in supporting his wife through the birth she desires as well as his experience of Labor Skills & Techniques.
"Thank you Giselle! This was a great refresher course for us. We actually learned some new things as well. We didn't know about the rebozo techniques last time and I'm excited to try them out. I'm also very glad to know about Womanology. Your class was super helpful!" - Ashley
“Thank you so much for yesterday ! We had such a great time and found the class very informative. It was really great to be able to take a one day class instead of a several week class, and feel armed with tools and things to practice. Thank you for taking the time to help us get more excited about birth!- Ansley
"I now feel that I'm ready to birth my baby naturally! This class is exactly what my husband and I needed to get prepared for labor. Giselle was wonderful! I feel confident because I got all the tools and information I was looking for." - Marcela
"It provided a wealth of information to me and my partner in a short amount of time that fit our schedules. Giselle provided an array of tools, techniques and practical decision-making skills ranging from birth positions and breathing to how to feel empowered in birthing in a hospital. - Diana
"Very safe, friendly environment, empowering couples/moms to make their own informed decisions. Thank you!" - Julie
"This is not only a great class for expecting mothers, but also soon-to-be fathers! It provided me a real appreciation for what my wife has to go through and how I can be helpful during this amazing event." - Jason
"We learned so much about every aspect of delivering naturally and we really appreciated it. You gave us a more realistic view of what would experience than we have gotten before. I also thought your advice was on ways to cope and postpartum care were valuable beyond words." - Jasmine
"It really reassured us that we would be able to really actively participate in the process and not be a bystander and at the sole mercy of others telling us what to do on the day of the birth. The information that she gave us has boosted both my own and my Wife's confidence." - Scott
"Many of the ideas we learned in Hypnobabies were also mentioned in Giselle's class (ie. how best to succeed in a natural birth without medical interventions) but what I preferred about Giselle's class is that she gave various techniques on how to cope with labor, and we didn't feel pressure to only use one technique. Ultimately, I ended up using more of the techniques that Giselle taught us than Hypnobabies (both in preparation and then during childbirth). I would wholeheartedly recommend her class and will be going back to her for other classes in the future!!" - AJ
- Perinatal Mental Health Specialist including currently in progress Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C)
Certified Life Coach with the Creative Academy of Coaching
- Certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist with Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute
Certified Specialist in Hypnosis and Childbirth with the American Hypnosis Association
- Reiki Practitioner (a Japanese energy healing modality)
- Aromatherapist and Herbalist (400+ hours) with Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy and Heart of Herbs Herbal School, The Science and Art of Herbalism, as well as lifelong learning since childhood
- Cultural Awareness training
- Certified Positive Parenting Educator with Positive Discipline
- Childbirth Educator with The International Childbirth Education Association and Birthing from Within
- Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor with University of San Diego
- Postpartum Doula with DONA
- Baby Friendly Initiative (created by World Health Organization and UNICEF) educator to nurses at various hospitals.
- American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
- Marketing Bachelor's of Science, Rhode Island College
- 15 years of Prenatal and Postpartum teaching experience
- And my most rewarding role..mother of four amazing children
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this class or other classes/services. Please contact me anytime.
Class price includes a support person. If you're support is pregnant as well, please pay for two spots.
Costa Mesa: class is located at 2845 Mesa Verde Dr E Ste 6D (Blooming Chiropractic) Costa Mesa, CA 92626. There's free parking available.
Newport Beach: class is located at 200 Newport Center Dr #309, Newport Beach, CA 92660, near Fashion Island. There's free parking available in front of the office building and the studio is on the third floor (there's an elevator).
Mission Viejo: class is located at 26800 Crown Valley Pkwy Suite 460, Mission Viejo, CA 92691. There's free parking in the parking structures. The suite is located on the 4th floor.
"Just took the labor + postpartum class and it was incredibly useful. This was our first labor class and I think the condensed format was perfect. It was a 4-hour crash course and was very dense with information. My wife and I feel so much more confident about the labor process and I think it's the perfect place to start as far as birth classes go. We are planning to have a doula and a fairly standard birth. After this class we feel confident enough to do any additional research on our own and don't feel compelled to take any additional courses." - Danny T.