Learn how to care for your newborn + how to breastfeed your baby + all the ins and outs of first time parenting.
"Giselle was a great instructor. We attended both the Infant CPR and Newborn Care classes which were both not only thorough but also engaging. She had great knowledge and recommendations and provided an environment where we felt comfortable asking questions that as first time parents, we might have otherwise been embarrassed to ask." - Ashley R.
This unique 3-in-1class for parents-to-be in Orange County was created after having supported hundreds of parents and realizing the importance of preparing parents-to-be for their new baby and their new lives as first time parents.
Parents who prepare for new parenting are much more equipped to care for their babies, to understand how their baby communicate, their biological needs, support the new mother to decrease her chances of postpartum blues and depression and to navigate the journey of new parenthood with ease and confidence.
With the Newborn and First Time Parenting Class, you'll learn what many parents wished they had known when they had their first baby.
A 3-in-1 Class for all parents-to-be! You'll learn:
diapering a baby
bathing a baby
umbilical cord care
breastfeeding your baby
important ways your baby communicates with you
how to know ensure the best sleep possible for your baby
choosing and using a baby carrier that is appropriate for your baby (not all of them are!)
biological reasons why babies do what they do
getting out and about with baby
parenting resources in Orange County
maintaining a strong relationship with your partner
It's hands-on, interactive, and an amazing opportunity to learn so much in one day, while getting to also ask questions about baby care and beyond.
Perfect for the busy parent-to-be who wants to take a comprehensive, hands-on class that includes 3 important sections - Newborn Care, Breastfeeding Your New Baby, and First Time Parenting Tips.
- Perinatal Mental Health Specialist including currently in progress Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C)
- Intuitive Women's Life Coach
- Certified Hypnotherapist with Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute
- Reiki Practitioner (a Japanese energy healing modality)
- Aromatherapist and Herbalist (400+ hours) with Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy and Heart of Herbs Herbal School, The Science and Art of Herbalism, as well as lifelong learning since childhood
- Cultural Awareness training
- Certified Positive Parenting Educator with Positive Discipline
- Childbirth Educator with The International Childbirth Education Association and Birthing from Within
- Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor with University of San Diego
- Postpartum Doula with DONA
- Baby Friendly Initiative (created by World Health Organization and UNICEF) educator to nurses at various hospitals.
- American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
- Marketing Bachelor's of Science, Rhode Island College
- 14 years of Prenatal and Postpartum teaching experience.
- And my most rewarding role..mother of four amazing children.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this class or other classes/services. Please contact me anytime.
Class is approximately 3 hours. Class is limited to pregnant women and a co-parent (highly recommended to attend). Class is listed in each date available and duration is three hours. Handouts will be emailed after the class. If you're support is pregnant as well, please pay for two spots.
Newport Beach: class is located at 200 Newport Center Dr #309, Newport Beach, CA 92660, near Fashion Island. There's free parking available in front of the office building and the studio is on the third floor (there's an elevator).