Learn positive and mindful parenting tools for parents.
Positive parenting has a positive impact on children.
A new study that looks at data on three generations of Oregon families shows that "positive parenting" - including factors such as warmth, monitoring children's activities, involvement, and consistency of discipline - not only has positive impacts on adolescents, but on the way they parent their own children. - Source Oregon State University
Children learn how to develop secure and strong relationships, increase self-esteem and engage with their families and peers when parents utilize mindful and positive parenting. By using positive parenting, you're planting a seed for how your own child will parent their children. You’ll learn how to raise a child today to encompass the kind of positive characteristics you’d like in your child as he or she grows.
Do you currently find it challenging to parent through:
- Adjusting to new changes
- Power struggles
- Not listening
- Lack of connection
If you're raising your hand..you're not alone!
These are common parenting challenges for many parents. And most parents, given a choice, would much rather parent through these without being frustrated. Through Positive Parenting, you learn tools for parenting effectively, with connection to your child, without resorting to punitive techniques.
Fact: Time outs, grounding, and bribes don't work.
Have you ever tried putting a child in time out? And how did that go for you? Most of the time, for more parents, it's very frustrating, especially if you've had to hold that door knob to keep your child in "time-out".
It's also frustrating when you feel that your child knows what you're saying --- but it's choosing to do the complete opposite. And do you sometimes wonder if you're both even speaking the same language? And if you've used bribes before, you'll have quickly learned that you need to up your bribe to keep it "working". Again, you're not alone. A lot of parents are in the similar situation.
Positive parenting, in a mindful way, works.
With Positive Parenting, you'll learn how to parent through these and other situations without using punitive actions. And you'll do so in an effective, connecting and mindful way that will teach your child long-term social and life skills.
The workshop includes:
- What to do before correcting.
- How to be kind and firm at the same time.
- What to do instead of time-outs.
- The pros and cons of encouragement vs praise.
- How to handle tantrums.
- The effective way to give choices.
- How to validate and learn the belief behind the behavior.
- How to ask for the kind of behavior you'd like to see.
- What to do about negative behaviors.
- Setting up routines that work.
- Communicating expectations in a way that your child understands.
- Building trust between parent and child.
Which format works best for you?
50 Minute Positive Parenting Group Coaching ($35/month)
Each month (2nd Thursday of the month at 6pm PST) we will discuss mindful and positive ways to parent. You'll also be able to ask about a particular issue you're experiencing with parenting.
This is a 50 minute group call with Giselle Baumet using Zoom every 2nd Thursday of the month at 6pm PST.
Positive and Mindful Parenting Group Workshop in Newport Beach ($125)
In this interactive and educational three (3) hour workshop, you'll learn how to enjoy parenting your child using mindful and positive parenting techniques that work. The workshop includes experimental activities and discussions that target common parenting challenges and give you real and effective parenting tools you can use right away for a more rewarding parenting experience with your child. We will go deeply into a child's mind, as well as explore our own parenting beliefs, learned as children, that prevent us from being the parents we want to be.
You'll leave this workshop inspired, with a new understanding of your child and yourself, and ready to parent in a way that works, while doing so in a mindful and positive way.
Workshop Location: class is located at 200 Newport Center Dr #309, Newport Beach, CA 92660, near Fashion Island. There's free parking available in front of the office building and the studio is on the third floor (there's an elevator).
Workshop includes your co-parent. Babies in arms are welcomed to join, however older babies and children should stay with a trusted, loving child care provider.
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
- January 11, 2020 @ 9am - 12pm
- February 29, 2020 @ 9am - 12pm
- May 23, 2020 @ 9am - 12pm
- September 26, 2020 @ 9am - 12pm
- Perinatal Mental Health Specialist including currently in progress Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C)
Certified Life Coach with the Creative Academy of Coaching
- Certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist with Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute
Certified Specialist in Hypnosis and Childbirth with the American Hypnosis Association
- Reiki Practitioner (a Japanese energy healing modality)
- Aromatherapist and Herbalist (400+ hours) with Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy and Heart of Herbs Herbal School, The Science and Art of Herbalism, as well as lifelong learning since childhood
- Cultural Awareness training
- Certified Positive Parenting Educator with Positive Discipline
- Childbirth Educator with The International Childbirth Education Association and Birthing from Within
- Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor with University of San Diego
- Postpartum Doula with DONA
- Baby Friendly Initiative (created by World Health Organization and UNICEF) educator to nurses at various hospitals.
- American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
- Marketing Bachelor's of Science, Rhode Island College
- 15 years of Prenatal and Postpartum teaching experience
- And my most rewarding role..mother of four amazing children