Learn how to parent stress-free and with more joy.
Positive Parenting means using warm, empowering, non-violent parenting to teach children long-term social and life skills and increase their sense of connection, confidence, and self-esteem.
The evidence-based benefits (which most parents want!) of positive parenting include:
- Increased motivation among children
- Better transition into schooling
- Increased psychosocial functioning in teens
- Higher self-esteem and competence for both parents and children
- Better social and cognitive development ( spanning from toddlerhood through adolescence years)
- A stronger sense of connection and attachment in toddlers
- The decrease in problematic behaviors
- Improved family communication, cohesiveness, and connection
- Increased self-regulation among children
- Increased resilience in children
Research shows that positive parenting has a long-term positive impact on children.
A new study that looks at data on three generations of Oregon families shows that "positive parenting" - including factors such as warmth, monitoring children's activities, involvement, and consistency of discipline - not only has positive impacts on adolescents, but on the way they parent their own children. - Source Oregon State University
The truth is that most parents like you, given a choice, would much rather parent without feeling frustrated.
Through the Mindful and Positive Parenting Workshop, you learn tools for parenting effectively, with connection to your child, without resorting to punitive techniques.
Parenting in a mindful and positive way is key to raising kind, confident, secure and empathetic children that become adults who make a difference in the world.
Sign up today to take your parenting experience to a higher level.
Positive Parenting Coaching Includes:
- The importance of secure attachment during parenting
- How to raise a resilient child
- How to teach your child positive behavior while keeping a positive connection
- Ways to foster effective communication
- How to set healthy parental boundaries
- What to do instead of time-outs/grounding
- The pros and cons of encouragement vs praise
- How to handle emotional outbursts and disappointments
- The effective way to give choices
- How to validate and learn the belief behind the behavior
- The reason behind (and what to do about) negative behaviors
- Setting up routines that work
- Communicating expectations in a way that your child understands
- Building trust between parent and child
- Parent-care: how to increase your emotional wellness
Children learn how to develop secure and strong relationships, increase self-esteem, and engage with their families and peers when parents utilize mindful and positive parenting. By using positive parenting, you're planting a seed for how your own child will parent their children. You’ll learn how to raise a child today to encompass the kind of positive characteristics you’d like in your child as he or she grows.
Why do we do things like bribes, time-outs/grounding and punishments?
Have you ever tried putting a child in time out? And how did that go for you? Most of the time, for more parents, it's very frustrating, especially if you've had to hold that doorknob to keep your child in "time-out".
It's also frustrating when you feel that your child knows what you're saying --- but it's choosing to do the complete opposite. And do you sometimes wonder if you're both even speaking the same language? And if you've used bribes before, you'll have quickly learned that you need to up your bribe to keep it "working". Again, you're not alone. A lot of parents are in a similar situation.
None of these solutions are long-term and in many cases will result in a negative impact on your relationship with your child.
You will go deeply into your child's mind, as well as explore your own parenting beliefs (usually learned as children) that prevent us from being the parents we want to be.
With Positive Parenting, you'll learn how to parent through these and other situations without using punitive actions. And you'll do so in an effective, connecting, and mindful way that will teach your child long-term social and life skills.
Parenting Coaching takes place happens live via Zoom (from the comfort of your own home!)
You'll learn how to enjoy parenting your child using mindful and positive parenting techniques that work. The coaching includes experimental activities and discussions that target common parenting challenges and give you real and effective parenting tools you can use right away for a more rewarding parenting experience with your child.
You'll be inspired with a new understanding of your child and yourself, and ready to parent in a way that works, while doing so in a mindful and positive way.
Includes your co-parent.
About Giselle Baumet
When my Positive Parenting (see my long list of credentials here) coaching clients learn that I have four kids, they often will say, "How do you DO it?!"
And this is where I get to tell you that I do it because now that I have teens, I see the difference in our relationship compared to their friends. I see clearly the benefits of having parented in this way. And in continuing to parent this way.
Not only do I parent in this way as a mother of four children, but I'm also a single mother and both my co-parent and I follow this parenting style. We did so while married and continue to do so together.
Was I raised with a positive parenting style? No. My mother is a natural mother that parented me the best she knew how, but I knew that I wanted to parent my children differently (while keeping the natural living parts).
My children are kind, thoughtful, empathetic, communicative, problem-solvers, intuitive, and have thoughts and opinions on how to better our world. This was from parenting in mindful and positive parenting.
I'll show you how.
Schedule your 30 Minute Free Positive Parenting Coaching Session.